As a photographer, in what way do you protect your pictures? One of the most ideal ways is to watermark your image. In this tutorial I will be explaining how to put a watermark over your pictures. By learning how to watermark your your pictures it will give you enhanced protection from intellectual copyright theft. Let’s look how to put a text watermark on your photograph.
Partaking in photography is a wonderful artistic pursuit. It provides us an artistic way to articulate our creativeness. It can provide years and years of pleasure and learning. I experienced a lot of enjoyment and made the decision to start sharing my photos online. It was good until someone had ripped my image off a webpage and downloaded it to their web page.
This act of downloading, copying and reproducing others photos is an illegal act and one that is punishable in a court of law. Yes, that’s right, punishable by law. This is terrific news for people who post their photos online ; professional or not.
Howcan we guard our photos from being downloaded? The fact is you can’t totally, unless you use certain techniques of protection. You can protect yourself. There are three choices you have accessible to you. The first is to in no way place any photos on the internet. If you use social media and do photography on a recurrent basis, this might be an unrealistic option.
The second alternative you have available to you is to place your pictures on a website and right-click-disable the photo. What this will mean that is that anytime someone right clicks on your image with the intention of downloading it, they can’t. The right click function does not work on the page and they can’t go ahead with their evil plan. That is the best choice I find.
The third option you have is to place a watermark on your pictures. This is a general option. This means that regardless of where you put your photo it will have a digital watermark on top of it and restrict the probability of your image being downloaded.
So let’s look at how to place a watermark over your images in Photoshop. Let’s examine the text option first.
1. First, open your photo in Photoshop.
2. Click on the “T” tool to the left hand side panel.
3. Place the curser inside the area of the photo where you want to display your name.
4. To increase font, change font colour and style, change these things on the top menu bar
5. To move the text box around, click anywhere in the photo and wait for the curser to change to an arrow. You will be able to pick up the box and move it.
6. Once you have changed the size, positioned the box where you want it, then simply click on the curser tool to the top left hand side of the panel.
Watermarking photographs is very important because they are your intellectual property. They represent your competencies and your work. Happy shooting!